Amateur Radio Licensing & Testing
We offer Amateur Radio License testing on all levels. Please see the 2023 Testing Schedule here.
Test sessions are held at the Temple Fire Station 8, 7268 Airport Rd. in Temple, Texas. Park and enter the building on the west side by the Fire equipment display.
Testing Starts at 10am. Sessions are subject to cancellation with very short notice, or the facilities are not available to us on test day.
A few things to do before and/or know when registering for a test:
1. You must register for the test session.
2. If you do not already have an FCC FRN (FCC Registration Number) you should register first.
Go here: FCC FRN Registration and bring your FRN number with you to the test session. Your Social Security Number information is NO LONGER ALLOWED on any paperwork.
3. You must have a Valid Email Address and Phone number.
4. If you have a Felony Conviction, please take the time to review the qualification question on the ARRL website or the FCC website regarding getting licensed. (Your paperwork could be denied and/or delayed by the FCC.)
5. Bring some form of Photo ID: Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport, School ID, etc.
Testing Fee is $15.00.
Registration form coming soon.